More info about what I do & who I am:
My name is Pam, I live in Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada. I have been on a Green path since I was a teenager, more so when I became pregnant & about to be come a mother for the first time, and even more so after my x-mother in law was diagnosed with breast cancer in early 2008. I am happy that she is a survivor =) I have lost a few people I know to cancer, which is not understood how people get it (I suspect, like many others in the scientific community, that personal care ingredients & environmental factors play a large roll), as well as people that suffer from allergies, asthma, & other dis-eases.
I have 2 children! My x and us moved onto an acreage in 2006 which also pushed me into eco-friendly living, composting, paying even more attention to my surrounding environment, & how we affect it. My husband and I separated in December of 2013, and I moved back into the city.
I had joined with OnlyGreen in December of 2009 but since they closed it’s doors in June 2012, I was a distributor for ForeverGreen, and now I’m spending my time working a full time job.
I am always looking for ways to improve quality of life for Earth & for my Family.
The facts are compelling: Info from http://www.SafeCosmetics.org
- A study by one of our founding members revealed that one-third of cosmetic products on the market contain chemicals that are linked to cancer.
- Of the more than 10,000 chemical ingredients in personal care products, 89 percent have not undergone safety testing.
- On average, American women use 12 personal care products a day, and men average six products daily. That means an adult is likely to be exposed daily to 126 unique chemical ingredients in personal care products alone.
- We know that the skin is not a solid barrier – it’s a penetrable organ that can easily absorb chemicals, especially with repeat exposure. Dermal absorption is commonly used to transmit chemicals to the bloodstream, notably with nicotine and birth control patches.
- Toxic chemicals find their way into our bodies, our breast milk and our children. And diseases linked to synthetic chemicals – including breast cancer, testicular cancer and reproductive problems – are on the rise.
Myth: If the store sells it, it must be safe.
Fact: The government has no authority to require companies to test personal care products for safety before they reach the store shelf.
But do you ever stop and think; shouldn’t the government be looking out for us?
I get paid to help people Go Green & Live Healthy. I’m having so much fun & love meeting new people, making new friends, improving the environment, all while helping families reduce their toxic load exposure as well as their carbon footprint to preserve our Home we all need, Earth.
More info about me!
I am a Recyc-o (I recycle everything), I am an Ecoholic (when you’re addicted to the planet), and I am an Eco-Warrior. After years of researching product ingredients, understanding that 60% or more, of what we put on our skin will be absorbed, & the many health risks that the exposure causes.
So, I absolutely love helping others GO GREEN! I’m having so much fun & love meeting new people, making new friends, improving the environment, & all while helping families reduce their toxic load as well as their carbon footprint to preserve our Home we all need, Earth.